Saturday, March 29, 2008

'D' School

Back then, being schooled,

I enthusiastically hogged on letters,

Rolled them into words with my tongue,

Swallowed them so as to form sentences while tripping down my throat,

Till they finally settled down and got digested in my stomach.


This, to me they said was growing up.


Now that they say is done,

Am braving indigestion, burping out sentences,

Trying to bite them into words again, chew them back in.

So much for trying, I am only puking out letters, not just the ones I had,

Throwing out much more than what I thought I ever could all these years.


This, to them I say is growing up.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Chopra man, that is indeed a good poem and captures the very essence of growing up...we are always told to grow up grow up..it sucks big time..

Amen to D-School!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you write...surely one of the better ones around...
:)

Anonymous said...

Just to add to my previous comment...
Conditioning is ruining us. Turning us into f*****g boring clones. i agree. I too have been puking for quite sometime now.

Anonymous said...

on second thoughts, writing something on D school (of economics) won't be too bad either,given that many a student will have happy memories of having spent the better part of their lives corousing or sipping tea or just sitting there.D school has made most of us crawl back to our happy twittering idiosyncratic irresponsible states of childhood.some of us however, never grew up to begin with.There!attention has been suitably diverted from your post , illustrating, at the same time,the excess of words your post ostensibly refers to i hope this is fodder enough :)

Anonymous said...

that was a lovely poem.. i liked what all u have written.. raw.. nice.. :)